Transforming Research through Innovative Practices for Linked interdisciplinary Exploration
The TRIPLE project was launched in October 2019. The acronym TRIPLE stands for “Transforming Research through Innovative Practices for Linked Interdisciplinary Exploration”. TRIPLE consists of a consortium of 19 partners from 13 European countries and is coordinated from France by the Research Infrastructure Huma-Num, a unit of the French National Centre for Scientific Research (CNRS). Project and scientific coordinator is Suzanne Dumouchel, who is also Co-coordinator of OPERAS and Member of the Board of Directors of the EOSC Association. She is supported by the TRIPLE team with currently around 90 staff members working in one or more of the 8 work packages.
At the heart of the project is the development of the GoTriple platform, an innovative multilingual and multicultural discovery solution that is the OPERAS Discovery Service.
The GoTriple Platform
Based on the Isidore search engine developed by the French National Centre for Scientific Research (CNRS), the GoTriple platform will provide a single access point for users (researchers, institutions such as universities and libraries, but also enterprises, consultancies, media and service providers)
- to discover and reuse open scholarly SSH resources, i.e. research data and publications, which are currently scattered across local repositories;
- to find and connect with other researchers and projects across disciplinary and language boundaries;
- to make use of innovative tools to support research (e.g. visualisation, annotation, trust building and recommender system);
- to discover new ways of funding research (e.g. crowdfunding).
Find more information here: https://project.gotriple.eu/gotriple-platform/, or please contact Suzanne Dumouchel (suzanne.dumouchel[at]huma-num.fr).
The GoTriple platform will be accessible via the link https://gotriple.eu/ as soon as the beta version is released in autum 2021.
News – Triple Transforming Research through Innovative Practices for Linked Interdisciplinary Exploration
- GoTriple makes second place in DH Awards “Best DH Tool”by Sona Arasteh on April 4, 2023 at 6:57 am
The TRIPLE team is proud to announce: At the Digital Humanities Awards 2022, GoTriple was voted second in the “Best DH Tools or Suite of Tools” category. Have a look at the complete list here.
- European project TRIPLE delivers its final output: the GoTriple platformby Sona Arasteh on March 14, 2023 at 1:00 pm
The main output of the TRIPLE project that the EU has funded via the Horizon 2020 programme for 3 years is GoTriple, a multilingual discovery platform for the Social Sciences and Humanities. GoTriple is part of the OPERAS service portfolio
- TRIPLE and OpenAIRE sign Memorandum of Understandingby Sona Arasteh on December 19, 2022 at 12:31 pm
A new collaboration between the OpenAIRE and TRIPLE teams aims to select through the Research Graph a vast number of open scholarly SSH resources, such as research data and publications and include them in the GoTriple platform. As both projects
Detailed Funding Information
The TRIPLE project is financed under the Horizon 2020 Framework Programme with approx. 5.6 million Euros for a duration of 42 months (2019-2023).
- H2020 parent programme: “Developing the European research infrastructures for 2020 and beyond”
- Programme: H2020-EU.220.127.116.11. – “Development, deployment and operation of ICT-based e-infrastructures”
- Topic: INFRAEOSC-02-2019 “Prototyping new innovative services”
- Funding scheme: RIA – Research and Innovation action
- Grant agreement number: 863420
- Call for proposal: H2020-INFRAEOSC-2019-1
You can find official EU information on the TRIPLE project on the Community Research and Development Information Service (CORDIS) platform, the European Commission’s primary source of results from the projects funded by the EU’s framework programmes for Research and Innovation: https://cordis.europa.eu/project/id/863420.